On page SEO used to be a backend activity before the Google penguin update appeared for the first time i.e. April 24, 2012 in the scene. It primarily involved Meta descriptions, title tags and links but today the focus is disseminated between keyword, content & tags.
After the latest algorithm changes, Google prefers content that has relevantly inserted keywords and when we cite relevance here, it points to readers’ interest and usability. Depending on this, SEO experts at Ably Soft have brought here, three strategies that will help you strengthen your On-Page SEO and help you rank higher on SERPs:
Use efficient keyword research tools:- With competent tools, you can receive accurate and customized data. There are various keyword research tools like Google auto-complete, Über suggest, WORD tracker, Word stream, SEM rush & Moz. Using these tools you can evaluate your situation and give needful treatment to an SEO project.
It not just saves your time and effort but also help sound analysis. All the tools have their distinct features and purpose as one would give you only keyword information and other may provide competitor analysis too. Hence, to know which suits you best make a keyword tools comparison before you pick one.
Focus on content:- Google spins around user interest, so improving the quality of content is amust for you. Your content solves no purpose, ifthe readability is put at stake due to forced key words stuffing or stale information. Focus instead on serving the primary objective of searches i.e. to provide answers to inquisitiveness.
An aptly optimized content is one that aids visitors’ purpose and represents your business connectedly, which includes everything from Meta keywords, description, page URL and page title etc. Follow this to perfectly optimize a page:
- Use similar words as a substituteto keywords for keeping it natural.
- Include subject in URL, title tags, and image alt text and provide unique content which can be linked back applicably.
- Do not make use of ads above the fold, it not only frustrates visitors but infuriates Google too because it doesn’t match the user’s demand.
Do not over optimize:- Be cautious about how you optimize because over optimization is no less a sin ever since Google Panda update came in March 2012. It imposed over optimization penalty on sites that were influencing algorithms with cheating tricks.
There can be various reasons why your sites seem over optimized to Google, the most common of them are:
- Inbound links originating primarily from your other sites.
- Difference in what visitors and what Google Bot see.
- All the inbound links come either from forums or blog comments.
- The content is being over shared and that too in your personal networks only.
- You are having same page in various colors and sizes for different cities and states.
- The inbound links to your site make use of similar anchor text
- If you are unduly using the brand name as anchor text
- Your content is linked to only incredible sites
- You unreasonably use/repeat keywords, footer links or do extreme linking of internal pages.
Another situation that concerns your website optimization is the inbound links that use the similar anchor text. Invest in natural links in place links with target keywords in the anchor text.
If you have been penalized due to any of the above reasons or seek advice to improve your Search Engine Optimization then consult our SEO experts. We specialize in SEO management and treat each project as per Google ethics.